The Chronicles of Brody

I have decided to keep a journal of sorts on our new puppy Brody. I am no writer and my editing skills are lacking so keep that in mind when you read this but here are the trials and tribulations that come with raising an American Bulldog/Pit Bull Mix puppy.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Where has the time gone??

It's been a long time since I have blogged about Brody.  Trust me it's not due to lack of stories!  I guess I have just been busy and by the end of the day I just get tired and forget.  So here is a quick update on Brody I do have a few stories to tell but I will save those for future (I mean with in the next few days) blogs.

Brody is now 6 months old!!  He turned 6 months on Saturday July 23rd.  To celebrate his half birthday he jumped up on the counter took a large piece of cooked tri-tip, I was planning on eating it myself, which left over from Friday nights dinner and swallowed it whole.  When I saw him with his front paws on the counter I yelled at him to get down and pushed him off.  He began to choke then cough then cry.  I was worried he might "cough up" the steak so I brought him outside where he continued to whine and cry.  It really must hurt to swallow a piece of steak whole.  Eventually he stopped.  I figured this was when he finally swallowed his steak.  Later that night I dropped a piece of hot tortellini on the kitchen floor and Brody was right there to eat it up as soon as it hit the ground.  It must have burned his mouth because about 30 seconds later up came the tortellini along with his dog food and lastly the tri-tip...still whole.

Just in case you are keeping track he now weighs 52lbs. and is almost as tall as Roscoe.

He's all legs and this is how he like to rest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home